29 January 2009

My Favourite Breakfast

The ubiquitous THEY always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I really believe that and always feel like things aren't going right if I don't have breakfast. Currently I am the only one in my family who feels that way, so most often I eat alone after the rest are gone off for the day. Breakfast doesn't have to be fancy. Poached eggs and toast are one of my favourite things to have for this meal. Sometimes I add turkey bacon, but I really like this with roasted tomatoes. This particular breakfast had some of the Barefoot Contessa Roasted Tomatoes I made the other day.

Simple to do with divine results. I start with our beautiful free-range fertile eggs from the CSA box. Then I poach them and serve on top of whole wheat toast. Don't even need a recipe, though there is an art to poaching that I will address another time. And fwiw, I have very good cholesterol levels, so eating eggs most mornings is not a problem for me.

CSA eggs


Served on Fiesta


After cutting into the beautiful dark yellow yolks of free-range fertile eggs.


Breakfast is so good!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mary said...

MMM, looks delish! And the basket of eggs is just beautiful!

Becky said...

Thanks so much! Evey week when I get my CSA box, opening the eggs is like opening a present. They are always different, yet variations of what is in the egg basket.

Intellectually I know that shell colour makes no difference to how good the eggs are, but my psyche enjoys the pretty coloured ones a lot better. And the fact that they are fertile, free-range eggs really does make a difference.