13 May 2011

French Pinks ~ Part 2

This week I am picking up where I left off last week. More pink in photos from France!

A lovely rosé for sale in the gift shop at Chambord:


Pink roadster on a carousel in Chartres:


Chartres Cathedral has been on my bucket list to visit for years. It is the home of the Chartres Labyrinth, perhaps the most famous labyrinth in the world. Some of you may remember that we have a garden replica of the Chartres Labyrinth at the farm. The Cathedral has many other interesting elements. This is an angel sundial that is on one of the exterior corners. The sun light gave it a pink cast and I did some editing in Photoshop to create a vignette and to add lighting elements.




Flowering tree behind Notre Dame in Paris (and yes, I got great photos of the flying buttresses, but they aren't pink):


Until next time


This post is linking up with:
Beverly's Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound. Check out her blog to see what others have chosen to represent PINK this week.
Jenny @ off on my tanget for Alphabe-Thursday where this week's Letter is "E" - E is for Edification and Enjoyment which I got from being able to walk the Labyrinth at Chartres Cathedral.

Thanks so much for stopping by! And tune in next week for a third installment of French Pinks.

namasté,
Bookmark and Share

21 comments:

Holly said...

Such wonderful pink pictures. Great photos and I really like what you did with the angel!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Beautifully presemted. Love that wee car ...

Have a beautiful PINK weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon

5 day GIVEAWAY, pop over

LV said...

Thanks for letting us enjoy some of the things from this great place. I was there once, but do not remember all this.

Olivia said...

Oh wow! Just gorgeous!
Happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs,
Olivia

suesueb said...

Your photos are simply wonderful (pink or not)! I love the angel especially. Hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday!!

Daphne said...

I love your pinks from France, Becky. You're helping me to remember my last visit to Paris!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing
{{{envy}}}
~victoria~

genie said...

Your post this week brought out that inner child in me because of your pink car on the carousel. It is so sweet. I would much rather be sitting n it than a horse bobbing up and down. The flower from behind Notre Dame and the rose’ were lovely, too. Posts like these are always extra special nice when I have been there. HPS.

Nancy said...

Great photos. The wine bottle is so pretty!

Unknown said...

How pretty! So glad you got to live one of your dreams!!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Enchanted,I'm visiting from Alaphbe Thursday,lovely photo's.
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Wonderful shots! Thanks for sharing your trip.
Happy Alphabet Thursday!

Unknown said...

Pretty pinks!

Annesphamily said...

Pretty in pink! I love it! I am always happy when I stop over!

Vicki/Jake said...

Over from Jenny's. Enjoyably cool pink french stuff!

Tracy said...

MM could just drink a cool glass of Champage yummy

Jenny said...

Those bottles of wine would be so elegant for a bridal shower! And I think I am in lust over that pink roadster! I would love that for a coffee table! I may have to go search Craigs list!

Thanks for a fun and exciting link to Alphabe-Thursday.

This post made me smile!

A+

Susan Anderson said...

I'm definitely feeling in the pink after this post.

;)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I picked up a few bottles of rose for the warmer weather last time I was in the wine store..

Can't wait for try them!

Lola said...

Great ‘E’ post & images! Have visited Chartres Cathedral - great stained glass windows too!

Have a great weekend ahead & look forward to *seeing* you again next time,

LOLA:)

Btw Alphabe-Thursday

H said...

I have never been to Chartres Cathedral, but I would enjoy the labyrinth.