07 July 2011

Blueberry Peach Jam

Local organic blueberries and peaches are ready, so I am trying some new recipes. First up is this Blueberry Peach Jam. I was introduced to it by my friend Webbie @ Webbie's World and it is delicious.

Beautiful blueberries:


Luscious peaches:


And here are the peaches sliced up before going in the processor:


Peaches and blueberries in the the maslin pan:


SureJell and cinnamon stirred into the fruit:


Stirring in the sugar:


Jam cooking:


And in the jars waiting for the tell-tale ping so I know it's sealed:


This really is an amazing jam. I love the way the sweetness of the peaches combines with the tartness of the blueberries.


Blueberry Peach Jam
adapted from Blueberry-Recipe.com

3 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh peach slices
1 package Sure-Jell
1/4 tsp cinnamon
7 cups sugar

Sterilise jars and lids and keep warm.

Crush berries and put in a large saucepan. I use my maslin pan. Pulse peach slices a few times in the processor to chop. Add to the blueberries. Mix in Sure-Jell and cinnamon and cook over high heat until fruit comes to a boil, stirring constantly.

Add sugar all at once, bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim to remove foam. Ladle into prepared jars and process 15 minutes in BWB.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

namasté,
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Daphne said...

Blueberry and peach is a favorite combo of mine, Becky. Your jam looks delicious! I like to use them together in cobbler. Believe it or not, we do have some locally grown peaches here to go with our abundance of blueberries. Of coures I just had to bring home some GA peaches when we were visiting last week. Happy Summer Thursday!

mecookin said...

Looks and sounds delicious!!!

Craig Miyamoto said...

Blueberries rock! Peaches rock! Blueberry-Peach Jam will knock me out!

xoxox Craig

Kiligirl said...

Can I use frozen blueberries and frozen peaches, not fresh?

Anonymous said...

It doesn't say how many jars it makes. I like to start with that!