Easy One-Skillet Beef and Broccoli Ramen
23 hours ago
|Grilled Herb Shrimp|
Barefoot Contessa Parties!
* 2 lbs large shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined, leaving on the tails
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
* 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
* 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
* 1 tsp dry mustard
* 2 tsp Dijon mustard
* 2 tsp kosher salt
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup good olive oil
* 1 lemon, juiced
Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Skewer the shrimp - 3 or 4 shrimp on a 12-inch skewer for dinner. Heat a grill with coals and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
1. For the marinade I put all the ingredients in the food processor and blended. The marinade was kind of pesto-like in consistency, so after removing the shrimp I cooked it a few minutes in the microwave and served it on the side in case anyone wanted more herb flavour.
2. There were 25 of the very large shrimp and when I peeled them, I removed the tails, too. Instead of grilling on skewers, I decided to use my fish grill baskets.
|Strawberry Pecan Tea Bread|
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour (I used 2 1/2 cups all purpose and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8"×4" loaf pans or equivalent smaller pans and set aside.
With a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla; mixing well.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture just until moistened. Batter will be thick. Mix in pecans. By hand, fold in the strawberries.
Place batter into prepared pans. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes for the 8"×4" loaves, or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Adjust baking time for smaller pans. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Notes: If you, as I do, use low-fat sour cream at your house, add a couple of Tbsp of oil to the cake batter.