11 April 2011

Jambalya, Crawfish Pie, Filé Gumbo



Have I ever mentioned that I really miss Louisiana food?

My sister is the best sister in the world. She and my BIL went to Baton Rouge this past weekend for the LSU spring game. On her way home she called to tell me she was bringing me a present. But she wouldn't tell me what it was!!! Look what arrived:

Two coolers full of fresh boiled crawfish. I ate some as soon as I got one of the bags open. Comfort food heaven!

I've put a bunch of them in the freezer to make étouffée, gumbo, etc. at a later date. And I have to say, this is true sisterly LOVE!

namasté,
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

mecookin said...

AUsome Love some etouffee!

Craig Miyamoto said...

Ohh, this just makes me feel like singing. Son of a gun, we have good fun on the bayou! Pinch the tail, suck the head. Yahhh.

xoxox Craig

Sam G said...

sonofagun we gonna have big time on de...

Sam G said...

*fun*

Sam G said...

ps my heart is OFFICIALLY broken! .. !! .. !!!!!!!!!!

Cathy S said...

loved that song