23 April 2011

Lu-Ray Pastels for Easter Breakfast



While my greatest dish love is Harlequin, followed closely by Fiesta and other brightly hued colourware from the 1930s and 40s, I confess to also really liking another line of dinnerware: Lu-Ray Pastels by Taylor, Smith & Taylor China Company. Lu-Ray Pastels were made from 1938-1961. The four original colours are: Sharon Pink, Windsor Blue, Surf Green and Persian Cream (yellow), and those are the colours I have collected. I've had these dishes for at least ten years and they have just been packed away. And I bought them strictly for use at Easter. Why? Because I fell in love with the egg cups.



At first I was only going to get the egg cups, but I did that and then they didn't match any of my other dishes. So what's a girl to do? Get enough to have a service for four, of course! And I really just got the pieces to have a breakfast set.



I love candles, even to use at breakfast.







This is a Johnson Brothers covered muffin dish. Johnson Brothers was an English pottery, so think English muffins to go in these, rather than American style muffins. The pattern is called Greydawn, though I have no idea why it's got the Grey in the name. This line came in a pastel blue and green.



The colour coordinates well with Lu-Ray Pastels, so I have no problem using them together.





On the table for Easter breakfast:

Lu-Ray Pastels place settings and serving pieces
Johnson Brothers muffin dish
Cityscape flatware, by Oneida
Egg spoons were a gift from a dear friend from England about 25 years ago
Silver napkin rings I've had a long time
Napkins with carrot embroidery from Williams Sonoma
Bunny candle holders and mini-tapers from Williams Sonoma
Vintage pink candleholders/flower frogs are marked USA
Glitter broken egg candles by Illuminations
Fat white tapers from TJ Maxx
Spiral wire egg cups I got locally sometime in the last 5 or 6 years, but I don't recall where

Today I am linking up to The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday.


Happy Easter!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

namasté,
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

Hello Becky:

I've only recently learned of LuRay and I love it. It couldn't be more perfect for an Easter table. Thanks for bringing yours to Seasonal Sundays.

-The Tablescaper

Joseph said...

Looks great Becky!

Daphne said...

Having dishes that only come out once a year is so fun, isn't it? Lovely table, Becky!

Snap said...

I think your LuRay pastels are perfect for Easter breakfast. There's never a bad time for candles!! Happy Easter!

Marlis said...

How lovely this line of dishes is. The colors are beautifully soft and perfect for Spring or Easter. Happy Easter. If you have time, come by for a visit, I'm giving a set of 8 monogrammed dinner napkins away!

Unknown said...

Oh Becky, I didn't know you had a set of Lu-Ray!! I have my Grandmother's set packed away somewhere. I was thinking of selling it but you have inspired me to unpack and use it!

Debbie~ said...

Your table is pastely-ishus! I looove it! Easter is so much fun, don't ya think?! Thanks so much for sharing! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs