30 October 2008

Shopping, top down in cold weather, and friends

It's kinda sad when it's a big deal to go grocery shopping. But that's what I'm going to try to do today. My white counts are still zilch, so I will go early when the stores are relatively empty. I'm stopping by Fresh Market and Publix. Luckily, they are right across the street from one another, so it's easy enough to go to both in one trip. I am behind on the the Xmas Cookie Bake-Along, a Soup Cook-Along and Barefoot Bloggers. (See what I mean about this MDS really cutting into things I want to do!)

It's 33° here right now. I haven't driven since the weather turned cold and my car is still in it's condition. Typically I can go top down when the temp is as low as 40° if I'm wearing warm clothes and have my seat heater turned on. With the low blood counts I tend to feel colder than normal, so we shall see. The sun is shining so I really hate to put the top up. Plus, I hate that closed-in feeling.

If I am not too tired after getting foodstuffs I am going to see if I can find a set of light blue scrubs. A friend on a foodie board gave me the greatest idea for a Halloween costume. I think it's hilarious. More on this later.

My friend Martha (Lines from Linderhof) is going to an Ina Garten booksigning today. Having been to one of those before, I KNOW how much fun she is going to have. Ina's new book, Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics, is out and is getting fab reviews in the foodie world. There are so many great recipes in it, I can hardly wait to start cooking. First up I think will be Savoury Palmiers. They're made with puff pastry, pesto, sundried tomatoes, goat cheese and pine nuts. What could be better? I do hope Martha will share her "meeting Ina" experience with us when she gets back to her blog.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: