15 February 2009

Sunday Medical Update


Neutrophils

Oh those happy little neutrophils. Today's absolute count is 0.17. That's enough of an upward trend for me to be excited.

My red count is down, so I will be getting one unit of red cells as soon as the blood bank sends them up. Platelets are OK until tomorrow. My infectious disease doc took me off one of the antibiotics. Not sure which one, but it was the pretty pink pills, rather than one of the IV ones. Still getting Lasix in the mornings so that I can have use of my hands for most of the day. They've also put me on breathing treatments. I've had two of those so far and think I will ask for another soon. They are helping.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

It sure looks like your bone marrow has been kick started~hooray! Such good news, Becky!!

Anonymous said...

So happy to read that visualizations are working! Hope you get to head home sweet home soon! Feel better Becky!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Becky,
That's good news about your bone marrow! Glad that the Lasix is helping with that swelling - I bet it feels good to move those fingers around! :) Hope to hear you are out of there soon.

hugs, Joanie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your bone marrow count is up. When I was in the hospital in 2005 with a mysterious lung illness I had so much trouble with swelling. I looked like the Pillsbury Doughboy until they gave me a diuretic. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Mary said...

Yay ~ neutrophils!!!