08 February 2009

Sunday Scenery


Driftwood on the Beach
Lake McDonald
Glacier National Park


Our National Parks are some of our greatest treasures. And I am thankful to President T. Roosevelt for all he did to set aside these lands for future generations. Whenever we travel, we love to to explore the National Parks. Each one is unique and it's up to us to be good stewards. I am very fortunate to have been able to visit a number of them and had the opportunity to make hundreds of photographs there.

We were driving along the park road to the top of the world and made a stop at Lake McDonald. The beach of the lake is all rocks and I thought this piece of driftwood really stood out.

Sunday Scenery is a great meme! It was started by Lee over at Tarheel Ramblings. Check it out if you get a chance.


Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love driftwood like this. It's almost like looking at a piece of sculpture in a museum. In this case, Mother Nature is the artist. This is a beautiful scene and and great choice for Sunday Scenery!

Michele said...

This is fantastic!! What a beautiful scene!!
I sure hope you feel better soon!
Hugs♥

Digital Polaroids said...

I love taking pictures of "remains" of trees too! This one's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Terrific subject in great surroundings.

Barb said...

That is a lovely shot! I grew up along the New England seashore and use to see lots of driftwood. My Dad actually fashioned a centerpiece from a piece of driftwood that looks like a Dragon! He's kept it all these many decades!

Dawn Drover said...

Oh this is gorgeous... I love the driftwood!

Anonymous said...

I love driftwood and the background is to die for in your photo.

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Amazing shot! I love the contrast!

Thanks for visiting :)