15 February 2009

Sunday Scenery


Old Hand Pump Well
Lincoln County, Tennessee

I like to go driving around in the country when I'm able, just enjoying the scenery and looking for things to photograph. One day last summer we were out for a leisurely drive and passed by this old well with a hand pump. I would have liked to have gotten out and tested it to see if it still worked, but such pumps usually need to be primed and calmer minds (that would be my spouse) prevailed. I'd like to think it still works.

Sunday Scenery is a great meme! It was started by Lee over at Tarheel Ramblings. Check it out if you get a chance.


Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Flo said...

Fabulous pictures. I too love to drive in the country and just stop and take random pictures. Drives my husband crazy :)

Mine is up over at Flo's Place

Anonymous said...

That's a good picture - try it in monochrome. I think it would work well.

Annie said...

Not to mention the trespassing problems!!

;-)

Love the photo!

Annie

ps Talking about trespassing...Life in Mathews has great photos like yours and very funny stories. Will put her website on my sidebar.

Chrissy said...

This is such a pretty sight. You have a beautiful blog and I hope you get to feeling better soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic shot. I use the same approach of going out and driving around the countryside looking for photo subjects. This scene just works for me. Nice job.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A nice rustic photo! :)