18 December 2008

Holt Howard Christmas

Holt Howard made lots of novelty items back in the mid 1950s through early 1960s. Pixieware is a very popular collectible now, but I am especially fond of their Christmas decorations. These vases are two of my favourite pieces. Every year I take them by the florist to fix them up for me and they deliver them back when they are done. So this morning I dropped them by on the way to my treatment and they were home before lunch. These are known as window vases and the little vignettes are molded back into the fronts of the vases to give a 3D effect. Normally I put them in the kitchen window, but in the interest of breaking out of my decorating rut, am putting them on each end of the piano music stand this year.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

~M said...

I LOVE Holt Howard. I think it's the cutest stuff around. Especially the Pixieware.

RainbowDishes said...

I love the Holt Howard items too!!! The collection bug and my christmas decoration bug are both attacking me and I know I will end up collecting these too! Resistance is futile!

Becky said...

We are all sadly, or is that happily?, addicted. HH always makes me happy and transports me back to holidays of my youth. And yes, it can be like The Borg!

Anonymous said...

Becky;

I love your vases......and the flower arrangements..... it looks so festive.

erica

Becky said...

Thanks Erica. I just love 50s Christmas things. Reminds me of my youth.