15 December 2008

Monday evening medical update

Today went pretty well. My 2 units of platelets were waiting for me and I got done getting the transfusion just in time to get to the hospital for the picc line. Now that took a while. I was there at 11:00 and did not actually get to the surgical room until 1:00. Having the picc line inserted was much less traumatic than getting stuck for an IV. Although the IV line from the transfusion had been left in, in case it was needed later in the day.

After getting the picc line I was an hour late for my appointment with the doc and getting Dacogen. Along with the Dacogen I also get an anti-nausea med and a steroid. The whole thing takes about 2 hours, so it was after 5:OO when Abbey got me back home. I talked with Tori for a few minutes and then went to bed. Woke up around 9:00 when the kids came to tell me they had made dinner and it was ready to eat. Donnie went shopping and Abbey cooked. Aren't they the best???

Mike called and said things in Louisiana went as well as could be expected. He doesn't know yet how long he will be staying.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: