31 December 2008

New Year's Meme

So I've lifted this from my friend Val (The Fluffy Pink Blog). I don't think she will mind.



1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
~ Went to Venice, Florence, Pompeii, Milan, Lake Como and other beautiful places in Italy
~ Took chemo drugs
~ Finally went to Woodstock

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
~ I rarely make New Year's Resolutions

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
~ No

4. Did anyone close to you die?
~ Yes, my father-in-law crossed earlier this month.

5. What countries did you visit?
~ Besides the US, there was Germany and Italy.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
~ Good health

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
~ 4 November. For the first time in many, many years I believe we elected someone to be president who is more interested in the good of the country than in his own agenda or self-aggrandizement.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
~ Taking DD#2 to two places she has always wanted to visit: New Orleans and Italy

9. What was your biggest failure?
~ Not getting rid of enough stuff.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
~ The MDS has really cranked up this year and I have been dealing with it pretty much full time since we got back from Italy at the end of June.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
~ Actually Mike bought it - a D90 so DD#2 could have my D50.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
~ I find it hard to relate to this question. My family has been wonderful throughout this health crisis that affects us all.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
~ The idiots whose actions have caused the economic mess where we as a country now find ourselves.

14. Where did most of your money go?
In no particular order:
~ Medical stuff
~ Travel
~ Mortgage
~ Groceries

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
~ Our whole family going to Italy and Mike & I celebrating our 30th anniversary in Rome.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
~ You're Still the One
Mike and I have been married for 30 years and he's still the one!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
~ When comparing these three sets, I don't think I'm much different.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
~ Gardening

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
~ Sleeping

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
~ I'm sure my daughters would be thrilled to go back to DisneyWorld, but honestly I have no idea.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
~ No

22. How many one-night stands?
~ That would be NONE

23. What was your favourite TV program?
~ House, M.D.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
~ I can't think of a single person I hate.

25. What was the best book you read?
~ The United States of Arugula, or How We Became a Gourmet Nation, by David Kamp

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
~ Some of The Monroe Institute cds

27. What did you want and get?
~ All of The French Chef on DVD. I love Julia Child.

28. What did you want and not get?
~ Remission from MDS

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
~ I'm not sure I've seen a new film this year.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
~ I turned 54 and was in a bubble because of no white count.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
~ To have gotten a handle on this disease.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
~ My uniform of a white girly t-shirt, blue jeans, Mickey crocs and jewelry

33. What kept you sane?
~ My family

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
~ Well that never changes. LOL. Robert Redford.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
~ The Presidential Election

36. Who did you miss?
~ My Papa

37. Who was the best new person you met?
~ Our tour guide in Italy. He was as much into history and food as I am.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
~ I have a horrible disease. It might kill me. I might die in a car wreck on the way home. So in the meanwhile I go out and live my life without worrying or railing at fate. I have things to do and no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
*See The Desiderata

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am a very firm believer in positive thinking so I choose, Blue skies, smiling at me. Nothing but blue skies, do I see.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: