10 December 2008

In the wee hours of Wednesday...

The promised rain arrived around sunset on Tuesday and it's been raining pretty much steadily since. I love sitting here listening to it on the skylight. The only thing that would be better would be listening to it on the tin roof at the farm.

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my mother-in-law. My father-in-law (age 88) is in ICU in a Shreveport, LA hospital and will be having hernia surgery this morning. I ask that all of my friends please keep him in their good thoughts and prayers. My BIL (Mike's brother) will be leaving early this morning to drive to Louisiana. I hope he has a very safe trip and will be able to help and comfort his mother. It's hard being so far away from older parents when you feel like they need your help.

Today is DD#2's last real day of school. Tomorrow is Reading Day and exams start Friday. We are so ready for the holidays to start! School really cuts into quality family time. Urinetown cast and crew have been selling candy canes to earn money to take the show to the Thespians competition. Candy cane sales earned $1400.00. All these candy canes have been tagged with the recipients' names and will be passed out at school today.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope all goes well with the Dr. today. Healing thoughts and prayers are headed your way.

Becky said...

Thanks Mary. I appreciate it very much.