20 December 2008

Rainy Saturday getting ready for Christmas

Whenever I have a long treatment day I wind up sleeping most of that day and then wake up very early the next. Seems to be the case again today. I may need to take a nap this afternoon after getting up at 3:00am! We wound up doing medical stuff from before 8:00 yesterday until after 5:00. It got so late that Home Health wanted me to get my dressing changed there at my doc's office instead of them coming out to the house later. That worked out fine. The nurses gave Mike very good instructions for flushing the picc line and actually had him do it. I am so glad he doesn't mind doing things like that!

Last night DD#2 and I finished decorating the silver aluminum tree in the living room and got started on the Fiesta ornament tree in the family room. Plus, the Sugar Plum Fairy is now in the midst of the peppermint table with her special treat. The silver tree is mostly done in 1950s pink disco ball type plastic ornaments, though there are a few other mid-century ones as well. The main effect is silver and pink with turquoise tree skirt. I will make some photos today.



Will get done with the Fiesta tree today. Also today, Abbey wants to go up to the farm to get some Christmas things from up there - special things she particularly has loved all these years and some things we had gotten for her as a small child. And I do believe at least some of the stockings are at the farm. I'll be going to do some supervision of unpacking the boxes and such.


Talked with my Secret Santa last night, too. She is going to plan to come tomorrow to bring my Santa gift and we are going out to brunch at a local place - providing I am feeling OK. I hope the next time she comes this way I will be feeling well enough to cook and serve here on our favourite dishes! Our friends from BHM already have plans, but maybe can join us another time. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Taste the Rainbow said...

Becky,

Enjoy your day. I hope it's filled with the energy you want, so you can finish all of your Christmas decorating.

Enjoy your brunch and Secret Santa!

Mary/saff

~M said...

Have a wonderful day, Becky. It sounds like you and your daughters are having a nice time decorating. Do you know who your Secret Santa is? It will be exciting to see what you get!!

Ms. Val said...

The silver tree is mostly done in 1950s pink disco ball type plastic ornaments, though there are a few other mid-century ones as well. The main effect is silver and pink with turquoise tree skirt. I will make some photos today.

Please do. I really need to see this tree!

And I hope you have a wonderful day with your Secret Santa. I can't wait to hear all about it.