I have been tagged to do this meme of 25 Things About Me, both in the blogsphere and on facebook.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I love to cook.
2. I have more cookbooks than I have shelves to hold them. And we have a lot of bookshelves. I think I could start a cookbook library.
3. My Mom has always been my best friend. We like so many of the same things, enjoy travelling, and never have any trouble buying gifts for one another.
4. Artsy things I do: watercolour painting, stained glass, flower arranging, fabric arts, blackwork embroidery, counted cross stitch embroidery, photography and digital image editing with Photoshop.
5. I miss my Papa. There are so many times I have wished he could have known my girls or spent time with us out at our farm.
6. Years ago when Mike and some other engineers started their own company we all listed some goals we had. I said I wanted to buy a Porsche 911 convertible. That was 23 years ago. I still want to buy a Porsche 911 convertible. Pink with white leather interior. I like to drive fast with the top down and music playing loudly. I know from experience that my Audi 100LS would do 120+mph for an extended period on the interstate. A Porsche 911 would do better.
7. I love to travel. When Mike met me he said travel was my middle name. It still is. Places I really want to go back to: England, Scotland, Spain, Argentina, Morocco, Italy. Places I've not yet been where I want to go: Egypt, Easter Island, Galapagos Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Peru and Greece.
8. For twelve years I was a vegetarian, but I missed eating seafood. Next to fresh garden tomatoes, crab is my favourite food.
9. I am a retired La Leche League Leader.
10. Collecting dishes, particularly vintage colourware, is one of my passions.
11. I have been to every state in the United States except Hawaii.
12. I miss my grandfather. He was a wonderful gardener and passed on his love of that to me. I'm always thinking of things I'd like to ask him. I miss my grandmothers. Both of them were wonderful cooks and passed on that love to me. I'm always thinking of things I'd like to ask them.
13. Beachcombing and laying about catching rays on the beach rate in my top 10 things to do with my vacation time.
14. I collect art deco. It gave me my screen name of decolady. Mike says we live in the Art Deco Museum of Alabama.
15. I listen to NPR and think we should fund the National Endowment for the Arts.
16. I hate being sick. There are things I want to do, like hike the Appalachian Trail.
17. I REALLY want a hat like Aretha wore for the inauguration.
18. Jimmy Buffet is my favourite musician and I have every one of his albums on my iPod.
19. I gather wild foods in the manner of Euell Gibbons and also cook with flowers and herbs.
20. History is fascinating to me.
21. I have had more than one out of body experience.
22. In another life I will be a yoga master. In this one I am just a novice.
23. In high school I played clarinet, bass clarinet, contra-bass clarinet, French horn and flute at various times in the band.
24. My camera is like Karl Malden's American Express card - I don't leave home without it.
25. I love Mike and our daughters more than anything imaginable.
December 2016 Newsletter
20 hours ago