1. How long have you been together?
30 years ~ hard to believe
2. Who pursued who?
Neither of us really. His sister was my college roommate. We just sorta fell for each other one weekend.
3. Do you wear any type of wedding/commitment ring? If so, which hand?
Sometimes. We have plain gold pipecut bands. My two match his one in width. My engagement ring is an emerald solitaire.
4. What was the hardest thing about learning to live together?
Gosh, it's been so long, I don't remember.
5. Who takes longer to get ready in the morning?
I think he does. I'm a morning person and always just wake up ready to start the day. Mike is more of a night owl and takes more time to get in gear in the mornings.
6. Do you usually eat breakfast together?
I normally eat breakfast and Mike does not. But occasionally he takes me out for breakfast. Usually go to Gibsons BBQ because they make great pancakes. And more often than not we run into friends there. If I make something on the weekends, we eat together.
7. Do you ever share clothes?
He often lets me use his coat in restaurants when I am cold.
8. Who does most of the cooking?
ME, ME, ME. I love cooking and he doesn't. But he is very good about getting things together for us if I'm too tired at night.
9. Who usually takes out the trash?
These days, the housekeeper.
10. If you have pets who usually does litter box or poop patrol?
We have parrots. Now he takes care of the daily feeding and watering, but I have been in charge of the cage cleanouts. I'm pretty sure the housekeeper will be taking over that job.
11. Which one of you is more likely to answer the phone when it rings?
The answering machine.
12. Who’s in charge of the remote if you’re watching TV together?
DD#2. It's hardly ever just the two of us watching TV together.
13. Who usually drives when you go out together?
He does. Since I've been having the Dacogen treatments, I haven't done much driving at all and most of the time can't go anywhere anyway.
14. Which one of you takes care of spiders and bugs that get into the house?
Either one of us. But if a mouse shows up, it is definitely him!
15. Facing the bed, who sleeps on which side?
At home I'm on the right and he's on the left. If we are travelling, I'm on the side closest to the window.
16. Who usually checks the (postal) mailbox?
Either of us or one of the girls. Since I've been sick, our postman most often brings the mail to the door, though.
17. If something breaks or goes wrong in the house, which one of you is more likely to either fix it or call someone to fix it?
He does most of the fixing and I do most of the calling.
18. Who is generally the neater of you?
I have to be honest and say he is.
19. Who handles the checkbook/pays the bills?
He does. But it's set up on the computer and I can.
20. What was your last fight/disagreement about?
We don't really fight about things, so I don't have a good answer to this question.
21. When you slow dance together, who leads?
Neither of us dance, though I have tried to talk him into taking ballroom dancing classes. No luck yet.
22. What do you love the most about your other half?
That after 30 years, he's Still The One!
I Lost My What?
6 hours ago