18 November 2008

Apple Salad for Breakfast

Whoever said you couldn't eat salad for breakfast? Apples are breakfast food.


To go with the apples you only need three other ingredients: Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, Balsamic Glaze and Goat Cheese.


Five minutes and you are ready to eat:


This really hit the spot for me this morning. We had apples in the veggie box and I often serve this at lunch or dinner. Today it just seemed the thing for breakfast.


Apple Salad

fresh, crisp apples
Meyer Lemon olive oil
Balsamic glaze
goat cheese

Core and slice apples into thin slices - 1/2 to 1 apple per person for an appetizer serving, 2 if it is the main course. (This has known to have been lunch here.) Drizzle with Meyer lemon oil and balsamic glaze. Crumble some goat cheese over and serve.

Notes: I just use whatever interesting apples that come in my veggie box or that I pick up at the health food store.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy!

Becky said...

Thanks Sharon. It was delish. I love how simple this one is.