17 November 2008

My Mom is having surgery today

My Mom has been having a hard time the last few months. Her hip has been hurting all the time. She's been on pain meds, has to use the walker and is on oxygen at least during the night. The pain has kept the docs still looking for the cause. At first the cancer doctors thought her breast cancer may have come back. It turns out she did have something growing there in her hip, but radiation got rid of it. But she still has kept having a lot of pain. A week or so ago her radiation oncologist ordered an MRI. Then wanted her to come back the next day and have the MRI done from another angle.

WELL! Lo and behold, Mom has a cracked bone! I am so relieved for her to be able to find out the problem. This afternoon she will be having surgery to put a pin in the bone. Please keep her in your good thoughts and prayers as she goes through the surgery and recovers to be feeling better soon. We are anxious for both of us to get back to "normal".

I have to avoid the hospital and sick people, but my sister will be with her. She is expecting to be in the hospital 3 or 4 days and then is planning to go home with my sister. If I am feeling well, I will do some of the cooking for them.
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Martha said...

Your mom will be in my prayers.

Regina said...

My thoughts for quick healing for your Mom and prayers for you both that life will get back to normal very soon for both of you. ((Hugs)) Regina

flowermom said...

Lots of good, healing thoughts going out to you and your family today Becky!
Hugs,
Eileen

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

You bet Becky~ I'm glad the Docs found the source of your mother's hip pain. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly and that your mom will soon be on the mend and free of pain.

Of course you know you continue to remain in my prayers as well, sweet friend. xo ~m.

Anonymous said...

Becky:

My prayers are with you and your Mom. May she be blessed and have a speedy recovery!

Love,
Maryann a.k.a lauren
xo xo

Cora said...

Sending all good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

Becky~

Healing thoughts and prayers for mom and for you. I hope everything goes smoothly.

hugs,
Sharon

Becky said...

Thank you all so much for your care and concern. Mom is at the hospital now, and I talked with her before she went. Surgery is scheduled for 4:30CT. She has a great attitude and that makes a big difference. I told her about your good wishes and she sends thanks to each of you. Will update when I know more.

Linda said...

Becky...continued positive healing thoughts for you and your Mom. I pray that all goes well today.
L xoxox

Becky said...

Thanks Linda. I appreciate everyone's care and concern.

Surgery was delayed a bit. The docs decided they wanted a type and crossmatch before hand. I just talked with my sister and they should be going now.

Anonymous said...

Becky, please ask Sally to give her an extra hug and kiss from us. We are praying for a speedy recovery. We have missed her being in Louisiana for these years, but I am glad she is with her daughters!

Love to you all,

Lottie and Cole and kiddos!