23 November 2008

Mannhein Steamroller Christmas!



My friend Mark asked on his blog DS Mark, what were people's favourite Christmas songs. I was answered more broadly than that, as did several other people, and said, Mannheim Steamroller. Well, let me tell you I want to emphasise that even more now!

If you have never been to a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Concert, let me urge to to GO! We just got home from this year's Christmas show and it was really fabulous. I'm ready to do all our decorating with MS playing on the Bose. My BIL (Mike's brother married to my sister) got 4 tickets back in July. A couple of weeks ago Sally called me to see if we would like to go with them. I tentatively said yes, but we've been playing it by ear to see how I felt. This morning I wasn't sure, but by noon I'd decided that unless something terrible happened I was going to go!

Our seats were in the third row right in the centre and we all had a blast. I wore my medical mask to keep me from breathing any germs. And I am so happy we got to do this. It seems as if it has been forever since the four of us have gone out together. And Mike, who has grown less fond of crowds and such as we have gotten older loved it, too. We all agreed we would do this again if they come back. Apparently they were originally only scheduled for this evening's performance, but tickets sold out so quickly they agreed to do a matinee also. And it sold out.

Now, don't laugh. Most of the audience was looking a bit grey! Of course, some of the guys in the band were looking a bit grey, too. LOL. You could tell they were having a great time. And I think it must be so nice to have a job you love so well. Mannheim Steamroller has been making music for 30 years.
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

DS Mark said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Third row, center -- excellent seats, too!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Well, how cool is that, Becky?! I'm so happy you were able to go and enjoy the concert ~ great seats, too!

We're big MS fans here, too. Difficult to believe it's been 30 years. eeek. What grey?! lol.

I didn't know your sis is married to Mike's brother, that's wonderful!

Kristen said...

How much fun! I am so glad you were able to go!!!!

Becky said...

Yes, I thank my BIL for getting such good seats. He booked them online and chose 'best available'. That worked out well.

BTW, I am not grey! LOL

It was so much fun. And my sister told me I forgot to mention the clothes: White tuxes, red shirts. Keyboard player wearing regular dress shoes but the others were all wearing hitop Converse tennis shoes. I liked the red ones!