07 November 2008

Getting ready for Christmas


Every year in November, Randolph School sponsors a holiday marketplace known as Under the Christmas Tree. It's a three day event. Besides many vendors, the band plays, Santa is there, the choirs sing, the handchimers play, various events are held and a grand time is had by all. One of the events is

“Holiday Entertaining”
Jason Schauer and Ty Cofield, two members of the next generation of great Southern chefs, share their ideas for creating holiday fare that is stunning and celebratory. In addition to heading up the kitchens at The Ledges and opening Mezza Luna, which blends Southern and Mediterranean accents, the two share as a mentor the legendary Birmingham chef Frank Stitt of the renowned Highlands Bar & Grill and Bottega Restaurant and Café. Their stated goal is to put Huntsville firmly on the culinary map. Let them do the same for your holiday entertaining.

Thinking positively, I got tickets to this event for Abbey and me. It's limited to 100 people and the audience is lucky enough to get to sample the food that is prepared. I hope we will also get copies of the recipes.

Abbey will come pick me up and drive us. As I got red cells yesterday, I should feel well enough to go. (And I'm taking my mask with me in case there are any noticeably sick persons about.) Afterwards I hope I'm up to checking out the market. In particular I like the artists' booths. Last year I found some lovely jewelry and a fab scarf. Not to mention there are a couple of gourmet food booths that will likely get some of our business.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts.......positive thoughts headed your way. I hope you can go and have a marvelous time.

Becky said...

Sharon, I did get to go and it was so much fun. They are going to start having cooking classes at Mezza Luna, so Abbey & I both signed up to get the info when it is available.